Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fundraiser

For my service learning this week, we went out into the community. The students were fundraising for the next year and we went out and put flyers on every door in the surrounding community. I loved doing this with the kids because I got to see them outside of a structured setting. They became more of themselves and I was surprised to see how devoted and excited they were to do the fundraising. I love that the program is having them get involved in the community and is teaching them good morals and virtues. They are holding a bake sale as well and all of the kids are helping to bake goods. I thought this was an excellent way to teach them about fundraising and to get them out of a classroom setting and into the community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home