Thursday, November 4, 2010

Memories

This past week at my service learning, I had fun observing the children. They were finished with their homework and so they went outside for play time. It was amazing to see them jumping around in the leaves and just having a good time being together. Sometimes I wish that friendships could go back to how they were when we were children. They seem like there's not as many strings attached and that they are free to just be who they are and have fun playing with friends. Also I saw some of the girls talking about who they liked and I just remembered back to when I was that age. They are just like me when I was young and when I teach I should remember that I can relate to these children more than I think. Even though years separate us, I have been through some of the things they are going through. I need to meet them on their level and try to relate the teaching to their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home