Thursday, September 23, 2010

Weblog 2

For my service learning I am participating in Open Doors Shaker. This is where we go to an after school program and tudor children. We will be helping them with homework they have or participate in games or learning experiences with them. I am very excited for this because I participated in a program like this last year and absolutely loved it. We went to a church where there was an after school program right in the middle of Harrisburg, Pa. With these children we built relationships that existed outside of the time we were volunteering there. We really got the opportunity to make an impact in their lives. We did everything from tutoring the children to simply playing sports with them or talking to them. They were so excited that an older person was interested in their lives. I think that Open Doors will be just as succesfull and I really look forward to building relationships with the children and hopefully encouraging them and helping them in a positive way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home