Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Service learning 1st experience

I did not quite know what to expect when I first went to my service learning site a couple weeks ago. Walking in I thought that I would be sitting with one student helping them with homework for the entire time. But instead we first had snack and then I found myself sitting at a table with all African American seventh grade boys. This was a little out of my comfort zone because I want to teach young children. But I began talking to them and found them very funny and very respectful. They loved playing games with me and including me in their conversations. They did not have much homework to do so we played games the whole time. I loved being with these boys which really shocked me because I thought that I would dislike middle school tutoring and teaching. But now seeing how much fun and how much I loved hanging with them, I could see myself teaching middle school as well. Overall I loved my first experience and it was very different than what I thought it would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home